Nuffnang

Monday, April 4, 2011

When Guru no Longer Make Sense

I used to adore Michelle Phan. I still remember spending most of time the watching her video again and again in her youtube channel. But lately, I feel like her videos start to becoming more and more like advertisement. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind those makeup guru being sponsored or something. Enkore and Pursebuzz are few examples of sponsored guru that maintained their channel integrity. Even with being sponsored, they ensure their video is informative, unbiased and still fun to watch.

I stopped subscribing Phan's video few months ago. I no longer feel it is relevant with my interest. Watch the video below


and compare it to this one


who's more sensible and rational?

p/s: I acknowledge Michelle Phan talents. Her makeup tutorials are awesome and I watch them once in a while. But I had enough of her product placements and adverit

9 comments:

puteri87 said...

hi flecks..i also have same thought like u..huhu

hevn said...

I give it to you that you got more 'balls' than me to post this up knowing the amount of 'kipas susah mati' out there. Lmao! But I'm with you 100% over!

*If you're wondering what is kipas susah mati just slowly translate it to english.

Gaby Fauchon said...

I totally agree with you. I used to be addicted to her channel when I first discovered her, but I have recently unsuscribed. It's sad though )=

♥beauxs mom said...

Aww I love gossmakeupartist..

Ashchronicles said...

I like Michelle Phan's background music though..and the quality of her video resolution is no joke either..^^ (LOL, I'm starting to feel that I'm backing her XXD)
I love both of them differently..I guess I just have a soft spot for Michelle..I don't really take the products she used seriously though..I just like to look at her techniques in applying makeup ^^

Pepper said...

Puteri - huhu, tak best kan.

Ashley - Don't worry, I understand kipas susah mati. I don't know, I feel slightly frustrated watching her channel turn to that.

BeauxsMom - I love Wayne too, and his "whoopsie-daisy"

Aisyah - I understand what you mean. Her skills is undeniable. I acknowledge her huge talent. Not a lot of people can do video that's up to her standard. I'm just irritated watching product advertisement glossed over tutorial.

Pepper said...

Gaby - It's sad. I still watch her old videos once in a while. Her new videos make cringe at times.

Stevista said...

I totally agree with you! I unsubscribed months ago, her videos are like advertisements and I don't like the fact that she's trying so hard to be cute! x

Pepper said...

LOL. "I don't like the fact that she's trying so hard to be cute! x" I definitely feels like that too. I remember in one of her video where she tries too hard hiding a huge pimple on her forehead with her bang. I was wondering what kind of self image she tries to project. Is it the one that goes 'oh, pimple! thats alright, everybody have that once in awhile' or , 'ugh! pimple, I can't let anyone sees it.'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang

Page Numbers