Nuffnang

Monday, February 7, 2011

Review: NYX Concealer in a Jar

After disaster with ELF Studio Complete Coverage concealer, I hit jackpot with NYX Concealer in a Jar. It's not the perfect concealer, but it is almost perfect. That's why I think of it as HG candidate. The product come in a cute jar with 7g product inside. The ingredients in this concealer are very similar to NYX Eyeshadow Base, it even housed in similar jar and smell the same! So, I would recommend those thinking of buying the eyeshadow base in Skin Tone to get this concealer instead, it works the same. Who doesn't love multipurpose stuffs.

Hygiene can surely be an issue with jar packaging, but there are way around that. But there one issue regarding this concealer, and it only happen to the old packaging, which is left in the picture below. The issue is that, the old jar cap is such a pain to screw back on. So I think they introduce new jar to eliminate the problem.

So I got two jar here, the one in the left is in Glow, and the other one is in Medium. You can see from the swatches below, Glow is a little too dark for me. For reference, I'm using ELF pressed powder in Apricot Beige, which is under NC25 in Temptalia foundation matrix. Medium is a little pink for my skintone, but this make it good for concealing under eye circle.
One thing that makes this concealer great is the texture. It have this creamy texture that glide like fluid on your skin and actually cling onto your skin to provide coverage. I say cling to skin because once you applied it on, it doesn't budge easily like ELF Complete Coverage Concealer. Because it's a cream concealer, it does look cakey when you applied it heavy and it creases when it wasn't set properly.

However, if you applied it the right way, it feels like your skin. This concealer make it possible for me to skip foundation or BB cream because it looks good on its own. All left to do is to set it powder. It can be applied by swiping it on lightly, tapping or stippling. The formulation is not application-fussy. I find the best way to apply it is by using very fluffy blending brush. I never applied too much when I use blending brush.
Top - After. Below - Before.

You can see from the picture above how my under brighten after applying the concealer. It does help make me look less tired. I also used this to reduce redness and hyperpigmentation cause by acne.

I had used it for over a week now, and I can say that this concealer doesn't make my skin break out. It last quite long, after 4 or 5 hours on humid weather, it starts to fade. It is easily removed using olive oil or dual-phase makeup remover. I think good wash with facial cleanser also enough to remove it.

I never thought I'm gonna say this, but after NYX Concealer in a Jar, life would never be the same. After seeing how much it brighten up my look, concealer has become my staple. This concealer is highly recommended and I would definitely repurchase.

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

this concealer looks like it'll do a fabulous job :D thanks for your review I'm NC25 too!

Pepper said...

@Jennifer - It actually did a fabulous job. Not perfect, but very good.

R.ChamberofBeauty said...

Thanks for the review!! Want to try this out:)
http://www.chamberofbeauty.com

Pepper said...

@Rakhshanda - It's inexpensive and very good IMO, definitely give it a try.

Anna said...

where to get NYX in malaysia???

xoxo elle

Pepper said...

@Elle - I got NYX from forum.lowyat.net , there are few people selling NYX ready stock. There are also people organizing spree to purchase NYX from USA.

Stevista said...

It does make a huge difference!! :) x

Pepper said...

@Stavroula - It does! and it's cheap too. I'm happy to find concealer that works for me.

Chantel said...

Great post! Sorry I'm months late, but I can't decide which color to get. I'm an NC30 and I was wondering if Glow had a pink or yellow undertone? I know Beige would be too late and I'm afraid of what Medium would look like since it has a pink undertone.

Pepper said...

Medium has a slight pink undertone. I since had stopped using Nyx concealer as I found other concealer that work better. As for Glow, I can't really remember how's the undertone like since I quickly gave it to other fellow blogger.

You can read her review here
http://ashchroniclesletsfly.blogspot.com/2011/03/review-nyx-concealer-in-jar-glow.html

Sorry I couldn't help you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang

Page Numbers