Nuffnang

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tutorial: Lazy Sunday Green Smokey Eyes

I have this sudden urge to make a youtube video, sadly my skin is recovering from nasty clogged pores (I'm blame you Everyday Minerals base). My skin is currently in a bad condition, with redness and tiny bumps of clogged pores, doesn't look that good. Since I really wanted to do something about the video, I end up doing this tutorial. FYI, I'm not in anyway queen of blending or master of the eye makeup, but I think I did decent job for someone who learn doing makeup from blogs and youtube videos.
  • A - Apply ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Primer all over the lid up to browbone.
  • B - Apply ELF Studio Cream Eyeliner in Black on the lid extended a little over the crease as base.
  • C - Pat darkest green in ELF Essential Brightening Eye Color Ivy over the black base in B.
  • D - Apply light brown in ELF Essential Brightening Eye Color Luxe as browbone highlight.
  • E - Apply brown in ELF Essential Brightening Eye Color Ivy between C and D, blend.
  • F - Apply light grey in ELF Essential Brightening Eye Color Teal Dream on the inner corner.
  • not in picture, apply NYX Black single eyeshadow on the outer corner on top of the dark green and blend to add dimension.
For under the eye, apply light grey in ELF Essential Brightening Eye Color Teal Dream 1/3 from inner corner, darkest green in ELF Essential Brightening Eye Color Ivy 1/3 in the middle and NYX Black single eyeshadow 1/3 from the outer corner.

Lastly line the eyes with ELF Studio Cream Eyeliner in Black and apply mascara. I used Maybelline Great Lash, I can't wait to finish it up.
The camera wash out the intensity of the eyeshadow. It actually look dramatic, the kind of look I prefer for night time out.

5 comments:

R.ChamberofBeauty said...

wow..very nice tute...very helpful..thanks for sharing:))

Ashchronicles said...

Improving, improving! =D OMG, i love green on brown eyes! just gorgeous! ^^

Pepper said...

Rakhshanda - You are welcome.
Aisyhah - =D I love green on brown eyes too. Maybe that's why I really love Ivy quad. I still have lots to improve, working on it, who knows one day I'll become a makeup guru *dreaming* hehehe.

Ashchronicles said...

there's a quad named Ivy in ELF brightening eye quad?? (went to check)..OMG, there is! how come I've never noticed it before? >_< The color looks real good! My wish list for ELF is increasing each day...haha.. I'm starting to like Luxe, Day 2 Night, Rocker, Ivy and Hazy hazel.. But it's such a pain in de *** to join spree now coz it would probably took forever to arrive.. =(

Pepper said...

Yeap, I hate waiting, especially when you're excited with particular item. Ivy is one of the most wearable quad out of all 18 quads. Well, maybe I just published my back up post to show the swatches of the 10 quads that I have. I'm pretty happy with them all

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang

Page Numbers