Nuffnang

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Review and Swatches: Silkygirl Moisture Rich Sunny Lipstick and Clinique High Impact Honey Blush Lipstick

Left: Silkygirl Moisture Rich Sunny Lipstick
Right: Clinique High Impact Honey Blush Lipstick


I got my Silkygirl lipstick last September during buy one free one promotion, I bought Sunny, while my bestfriend bought Playful. Without promotion, I think it is priced around rm17 or so.
Sunny is orange coral shade without shimmer or glitter and applied sheer. It have faint scent, not sweet or floral scent, could be the lipstick ingredient smell. I think it is in cream finishes, when applied, it sort of melt like butter. Mind you, I know very little about lipstick since I'm more of lip-gloss girl. Usually I use this lipstick by mixing it with ELF Super Glossy Lip Shine in Mauve Luxe or Watermelon. Alone, this lipstick does not last long, maybe about 2-3 hours before it started fading. Well, I did not expect much from it. I'm not sure if I will repurchase, but since there tons of shades available, I might find one that I like.

I sort of won the Clinique lipstick during Clinique workshop at my university. The makeup artist ask everyone where is the most suitable place to check how a foundation suit your skin tone. I answer correctly and given this lipstick. Last time I check at the Clinique counter, the price of this lipstick is almost RM70. The one that I got come it Clinique green tube. But the one on the counter is in different tube. So I guess mine is sample type.

It is a very natural color, it's my MLBB (my lips but better) lipstick. Again, I'm not good at describing color, but I would desribe this as peachy nude. LOL. Ok, at least I tried. This lipstick is actually pigmented, however, since I have pigmented lips, it appeared nude. Did I make sense here? *sigh* Anyhoo, it feels slightly gritty when I apply it on because all the shimmer. I dislike frosty lipstick, and this one is almost frosty. But it's not that bad. This is my HG lipstick as I can't do wrong with this one. It is moisturising. I would only reapply during mid-day after lunch. Would I repurchase? I'm trying to finish up the tube that I have right now before it go bad. Maybe I'll repurchase it when Clinique comes to my university.

audreydao.com Reader of the Month Giveaway
Here is a giveaway by Audrey, I really enjoy her blog, especially the review.
click here to join.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang

Page Numbers