Nuffnang

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Review: ELF Studio 11 Piece Brush Collections

Since June this year, I've been contemplating whether to get this brush set or not. Few Studio brushes later, I finally placed my order last month. Well, I need back ups for my favourite brushes you know. Good makeup brushes are investment. It's even better when the investment only cost me what usually a single MAC brush cost. Cool huh?!
This baby/babies is/are sleek! Great functional casing, matte black handle with good length, super soft bristles that hardly sheds. Even tho the brushes bristles are made from taklon, it picks up product really well, be it pressed powder, cream, liquid or mineral makeup. The large brushes comes with plastic brush guard.


This set includes
  • Water-Resistant Case - OK, the main reason I bought this set is for the case. I wish ELF sell it separately since it's a very well made stuff. Sleek, easy to clean, and it could fit it a lot of brushes.
  • Eyeshadow "C" Brush - Too big! I won't be using this baby since I have small eyes. I have other brush for highlight my brow bone. So, I would probably put this brush up for sale.
  • Complexion Brush - I love this brush! It's very versatile, I used it for face powder, blusher, setting powder. It could also be used for contouring.
  • Small Angled Brush - When I first see this brush, I thought, the bristles is too long and a little too thick. However, it works great! Up for sale soon.
  • Small Smudge Brush - I used this for eyeliner, It works great if you need precision. When I first got this, it sheds like crazy, so I crimped the ferrule close to the bristle using pliers, problem solved!
  • Fan Brush - Something I would not used. Too soft for its purpose. Up for sale soon.
  • Powder Brush - The best foundation brush! Works for both liquid and powder (mineral) foundation.
  • Angled Foundation Brush - I used this with my BB cream, but I rarely used it right now. I have the same brush, so the one I got with set would be up for sale soon.
  • Concealer Brush - Cute brush. Thinner and softer than most of the concealer brush that I have.
  • Small Precision Brush - Again, I have other brush that is very similar to this one. Up for sale soon.
  • Blush Brush - I didn't used this brush for blusher. Instead, I used it highlighter and bronzer. Good brush for that purpose. I have the same brush, so the one I got with set would be up for sale soon.
  • Contouring Brush - In love. It's great as crease brush!

The best thing about this brushes is that, it is very easy to take care. I abused my brushes during wash, I squished and squeeze em, dry them with the bristles bent on the towel and when it dried, the bristles hardly disfigured. Since it's made from taklon, there are no need to condition the brushes.

Would I repurchase? If I need more good inexpensive brushes. Yes.
Would I recommend? If you're not a makeup snob. Hell yeah! Go get it now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang

Page Numbers