Nuffnang

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Review: ELF Mineral 5 Piece Bamboo Brush Set

After meh experience with EcoTools brush set, I become very skeptic of this brush. It's a huge relief when I find this brush set is way better than that. This set looks very similar to EcoTools brushes with bamboo handle and light colour bristles. The similarity ends there. Contrary to EcoTools brushes, ELF Mineral brushes picks up product very well. I saw no clouds of foundation when I used ELF Mineral brush. Clouds of foundation happens a lot with EcoTools brushes. The handles are sturdy, the ferrule well crimped, and the brushes are softer than Studio counterparts. The brushes in this set sheds very little during wash.

The con of this brushes is the light colour bristles. It shows up every color of the product it pick up. My brushes looks dirty, my eyeliner brush had become grey even after wash. Well, at least I wash my brushes more often after this.

This set includes
  • Complexion Brush - I used this with mineral foundation, face powder, highlighter, bronzer and blusher. Works very well. The bristles is lil shorter than the Studio counterparts which makes it denser.
  • Eyeliner Brush - The best eyeliner brush I ever had! Lining my eyes never been easier.
  • Concealer Brush - Similar length to EcoTools concealer brush, a lil stiffer.
  • All-Over Eyeshadow Brush - Love. The perfect size for me, picks up products very well. Great for packing up color.
  • Lash & Brow Comb - Whoah! I didn't thought it would be so large. Other than that, it's a pretty average brush.
  • Brush Bag - Looks a lot like EcoTools brush bag, except less silly since it could actually fit all the brushes in the set without weird diagonal position. I find EcoTools bag softer compare to this one.
Would I repurchase? Not sure, I have more than enough brushes right now.
Would I recommend? If you disappointed with EcoTools, try this one.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang

Page Numbers