Nuffnang

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Review: Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturiser.

One thing I'm not fond of Clinique is their product long weird name. Instead of eye cream, it's All About Eyes. Instead of face moisturiser, it's Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion, etc. Okay, enough with the rant, straight to the review.

I got a 7ml sample jar for this moisturiser with sunscreen last year. It's been almost 6 months since I last used this stuffs. Quite a long time, but I still remember a lot of things about this product.
The sample come in jar, just like the full size product (of course the packaging a lil different). It's not bad, but I would prefer squeeze tube over jar any day for sunscreen. I'm not into digging my finger into the jar. I'm not sure if the sample I got is for Dry/Combo skin or for Combo/Oily skin. The product itself is white color with creamy consistency, almost like cream on cake. I like the scent of this product, as a sunscreen, it smells really nice, I say, it smells like food. LOL.

7ml of the product last quite sometimes since a lil goes a long way. Of course, with sunscreen, you want to reapply every few hours if its possible. I give this product the most stringent test it could go for, an archery competition. The day was very sunny and hiding under the tent doesn't do much preventing exposure from UV light. I used this product on my face and reapply every 2 hours, that's about 3-4 times during the competition. My skin tone doesn't darken after the competition which tells you that the product actually works. I used it again during Rainforest World Music Festival, it's the kind of event where you want to stock up sunscreen. Basically, it works protecting my skin from harsh sunlight.

So, basically the product works. But I find it to be a too oily for my skin type and humid weather. Often I found the oiliness of this product causing my mascara to smudge like crazy causing great embarrassment. I end up using this on days I'm not wearing makeup.

Despite the greasiness/ oiliness, it doesn't cause my skin to break out. It moisturise pretty well (but too greasy for me) and protect from UVA and UVB ray. For the price, I would rather get sunscreen from Mentholatum or Biore which have better formulation and lower price. I think this product would work better for those with drier skin.

Edit: the greasiness is due to the very emolient properties of this product (thanks Jen). I read from other reviews, this product would be great for winter.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

great review! i have some moisturizer from clinique which i love but would be too emollient for summer/humid weather too!

Pepper said...

@Jennifer - Thanks for dropping by. A lot Clinique products rarely suit for most condition. It annoys me a lil since it makes me want to buy more and more.

hevn said...

I always found clinique stuffs to be too "harsh" for our skin and very drying. But I see that the sunscreen is too oily. LOL

I noted that the sunscreen is only SPF25. Normally SPF30 would be best and there's no PA+ in the sunscreen. I'm no expert so I copied this from the web.

All sunscreen labels list a sun protection factor (SPF). SPF is a measurement of how much protection the sunscreen offers from the UVB rays that cause sunburn. A few sunscreen labels also list a "PA" ranking, which refers to the amount of protection the sunscreen offers from the UVA rays that may cause long-term skin damage. PA rankings are listed as PA+, PA++ or PA+++. The more +'s, the more protection from UVA rays.

So best get sunscreen with lots of protection againts UVA (the one that causes pigmentation and skin cancer) :D

p.s: Love your blog. Seriously, you have so much swatches on NYX and other brands you make me drool!

Pepper said...

@Ashley - I agree with you, their products tend to be too harsh. I find product that they recommend for oily skin is too drying. I prefer products for dry skin eventho my skin is combo/oily. Even worse, the SA is so annoying, they never let the customer have their say.

The sunscreen also a big let down, Asian brands have tonnes of products that have better UV rays protection.

I'm gonna get sunscreen with both UVB and UVB protection, my BB cream have both, but I think i still need proper sunscreen.

p.s: Thanks ^_^ Love your blog too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang

Page Numbers