Nuffnang

Friday, November 19, 2010

Review and Test Run: E.L.F. Brightening Eye Color - Day 2 Night and Teal Dream

In this post, I'm gonna share some pics when I done a test run for E.L.F. eyeshadow palettes that I got from latest haul.

Tested almost every single palette of E.L.F. Brightening Eye Color, I found that texture of the eyeshadow pretty much determine the quality of the quad. Almost all matte eyeshadow are low quality with low pigmentation and powdery. While shimmery one usually have good pigmentation and easy to blend. Day 2 Night (pic above) and Teal Dream (pic below) are the shimmery one, which means it fall to the high quality category. From the pics, you can see how pretty the quads is. All the swatches made from 1-2 swipes of the eyeshadow.

LOL, I'm too excited to test the eyeshadow. Teal Dream on the left and Day 2 Night on the right of the pictures.

Gorgeous aite?! Day 2 Night I think is the easiest palette to figure out. The moment I swatch it on my hand, I could figure out how to apply it my eyelids. For day, I'll use the white, rust, and light beige. To transform it for night time, just add the darkest color to the outer corner and blend into the crease.

I know, it does look horrible, I haven't figure out yet how to use all four shades in Teal Dream palette for an eye look. I think the eyeshadow is pretty, this palette will suit brown eyeliner perfectly.

This eyeshadow last quite long upon application depending of the eyeshadow primer/base that is used. Today I used Teal Dream over E.L.F Mineral Eyeshadow primer and it actually last, with minor creasing, until the moment this post written (8 hours past since the eyeshadow first applied).

Even though the quads is small, but it's highly pigmented that I think it gonna last for quite some time. I'll definitely repurchase and highly recommend both. Just remember to use it together with good primer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang

Page Numbers