So this is my first post in year 2011 and as per tradition during new year, this post gonna be about new year resolution, beauty related of course!
10 Pan Project
I always wanted to do a proper 10 pan project since the one I started last year was a total failure, even though I managed to finished 4 products, but I bought a whole lot more at the same time. I guess it was due to bad timing. I'm still building up my makeup collection at the time when I started doing 10 pan project, I
After months of going gaga over ELF spree, I finally got a hold on it. I think finally I have/ordered all the stuff that I need. Anymore would be 'what I want' not 'what I need'. After all, I learned ELF and other cosmetics companies would always have promotion. If I miss one promotion, there would be other in near future.
Honestly, I'm sick looking at barely there money in my account balance every end of the month. That is very unhealthy. I need to stop this. I want to see bigger number when I check my account balance. That is another motivation to redo 10 pan project.
I plan to do it for a period of 5 months. It seems to be a real long time, but I bought a lot of back-ups last year. It would last me longer than 5 months. In that period of 5 months, if 10 products finish before 5 months period, I will start another round of the project.
Since I ordered a lot of stuffs on November, most of the order will arrived in January, so I still have few haul post within 10 pan project period.
Of course, if within the project period I used up stuff that I really need, such as hair shampoo, deodorant, makeup remover, etc, I'm allowed to buy new as long as I don't have similar stuff. That means, I would not buy a new blusher, eyeshadow, lipgloss or anything of the same nature because I didn't have the color or because it is limited edition. That means no Urban Decay Naked palette until June *sob*. Another exception is that during Clinique visits to my university, it is sort of annual events here when Clinique comes and doing free workshops and consultation. I might be purchasing the 3-Step Skin Care System, and some other stuff as they are selling at students price.
I know this project is very ambitious, 5 months is a very long time. So how I'm gonna do it? Well, stop browsing through ELF website and LYN Stuff for Ladies. You know how window shopping led you to the sale counter. I would stop visiting cosmetics counter/shop when I'm going out. No more Guardian/Watson unless I finished my shampoo or stuff that I really need. I will tell myself frequently that I have more than enough right now, no more new stuff unless I finished up the old one.
So, for the first round of this project, I'm gonna start with products that's possible to finish. I won't include body lotion this time since I hardly use it.
The 10 Pans
- Constance Carroll conditioning Nail Enamel Remover - I still have 1/5 left in the bottle.
- Maybelline Eye & Lip Make Up Remover. I still have about half left, finishing this one would easy since I use everyday.
- ELF Essential Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 Watermelon - I think there's about 1/2 left in the tube.
- Nivea Lip Care Velvet Rose - I don't like this lipbalm, since only about an inch left, I include it in this project.
- Clinique High Impact SPF 15 Lipstick Honey Blush - Less than an inch left. I'm gonna pair this one with Nivea Lip Care.
- Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara Very Black - I don't think there's much left, but I must finish this one before I open new tube of ELF mascara duo.
- ELF Mineral Blemish Kit Jar No.1 - I have two jars of this sample. About 1/3 left in the jar.
- Everyday Minerals Golden Medium+Beige Neutral Intensive Base - About 1/2 left. Been stop using this since I got another one in Olive Medium.
- ELF Clarifying Pressed Powder Rosy Beige - I already hit the pan with this one. Need a li bit more work to totally finish this one.
- Silkygirl Blusher Honeywood - I pity this blusher, I pretty much ignore it after I got my ELF Studio Candid Coral, this baby need more love.
Taking good care of my skin
- I will always remove makeup properly and completely at the end of the day.
- I will wash my face, put on toner and moisturiser at least twice a day.
- I will try my best not to touch my face whenever it is not necessary
- No more picking pimples and white/blackheads.
- I will wash my brushes at least once a week.
- I will do my best to put on body lotion as frequent as I could.
You know how new year resolution usually forgotten by the end of January, I hope I'm motivated enough to stick to my resolutions. *crossing fingers and toes*
What's your new year resolution?