Nuffnang

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Review: NYX Eyeshadow Base (White)

I first received the product on 17 June and today is 21 August, so it has been a little over two months since I first tried the eyeshadow base.

I learned that thin application of the base needed to reduce the creasing, and I find it works! My eyeshadow stays relatively creaseless for more than 6 hours. However some eyeshadow doesn't last as long and the creasing worsen a lil whenever I sweat like crazy.


The color of the eyeshadow appears to be more intense and truer to the palette when it is applied over the eyeshadow base.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I think the price of this base if roughly 1/3 of UDPP. So putting things into perspective, this product is a decent product. And it works, but you need a decent eyeshadows to make it work as I found this base won't work with the purple colour in ELF Punk Funk eyeshadow quad. It crease and and fade almost immediately. With the other quad, such Butternut, Luxe, Ivy, Silver Lining, Nymph Dream and Blue Moon, this base works wonders. I didn't have other brands eyeshadow to test this base at the moment as I just started rebuilding my makeup collection. There are still creasing and fading, but it is very minor.

I'm not sure whether this base as a keeper, but I think I would be willing to spend more money for a better e/s base or primer. For now, I'm gonna put it to a good used as I always feels bad letting stuffs go to waste.

Anyway, I found out from 27vampyr in youtube that this base have almost the same ingredients with their concealer in a jar. The ingredient that is not in the base is in Bold. BHT is anti-oxidant additive.

Consealer In a Jar
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil, BHT, Microcrystalline Wax, Nylon-66,
Octyldodecyl Myristate, Silica, Butylparaden, Fragrance, Ricinus Communis (Castor)
Seed Oil, Ceresin, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/ Hexarosinate, Polyethylene,
Sorbitan Sequioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides,
Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines.

Eyeshadow Base
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Silica (and)
Methicone, BHT, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/
HexarosinateRicinus Communic (Castor) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Sesquioleate,
Octyldodecyl Myristate, Polyethylene, Fragrance, Butylparaben, Nylon-66,
Ceresin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polyethylene, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

So, instead of getting the base in 'Skin Tone', you might as well get the concealer in a jar.

Pepper

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang

Page Numbers