Nuffnang

Monday, May 9, 2011

Review: The Body Shop Elderflower Unperfurmed Eye Gel

Wondering what elderflower is, after some Google-ing, I learn that it is a type of shrub that is native to Europe used as medicinal plant to treat fever, flu, relief congestion and inflammation remedy. I'm still not sure how elderflower works to benefit the eye area.

I bought this last February, mainly because I was bitten with 'eye gel' bug. This product in particular is relatively inexpensive compared to many eye gel/cream available in the market. This product claim to Cools, soothes and refreshes. It is advised to gently pat around eye area as needed. However, avoid direct contact with eyes, because it stings!

I used it as eye gel religiously 2 times a day for the first few weeks, after that, the 'eye gel' bug wear off and I end up using this to make aspirin mask. For the first few times using this product, I'm always end up in awe looking at how this gel plump up the skin on the under eye area, making the fine lines less noticeable. After some time, I'm no longer impressed as the effect is really temporary and I suspect it is simply for hydration provided by the product gel texture. I find using Hada Labo SHA Moisturizing Lotion is good enough to provide enough hydration/moisturization.

I have no idea why, companies like to market their eye gel in jar instead of hygienic pump bottle or squeeze tube. Jar container is pretty unhygienic, it is advised to finish this product up within 6 months after opening.

In general, any type of eye gel no longer appeal to me. I see it as the evil way of companies making money, by making you think it is necessary to buy more products. Another thing that turn me off with this product is the fact that it looks, feels and works just like the super inexpensive after sun aloe vera gel. Imagine how bad I feel when I noticed that. I feel so stupid letting myself being ripped off for something like that! Take note that this is my personal opinion, I take it all in the positive way, as a way of learning to become more educated consumer.

Price : RM26 for 15ml
Made in UK
Ingredients: Water, Hamamelis Virgiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Sambucus Nigra (Elderflower) Water, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Triethanolamine (pH balancer), Carbomer, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Denatonium Benzoate.

p/s: Once I asked the Clinique SA whether it is ok if I use the Moisture Surge under my eye. She said not and recommend me to try the All About Eyes cream. That is the moment when 'eye gel' bug bit me. I'd tried using Moisture Surge under my eyes and it is all fine. As long as it doesn't cause milia, I'm ok. Thinking back, I shouldn't ask the question to the SA. Of course she said no because it is what she trained to say by the company and of course, more products sold, means more commission for her.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang

Page Numbers